Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quarter Life Crisis: Lessons in Hair Coloring

In preparation for my 20th birthday this Sunday, my dear friend, Madison, and I decided that it could be fun to spontaneously decide to dye our hair.  Now...if you know me, you know how I feel about my hair.  No one, and I mean no one, besides trained professionals have ever touched my hair (and now I know for good reasons)...If only someone had warned me that the color on the box is a BIG FAT LIAR.  
What was once referred to by many as "The Mane" had spun into an uncontrollable state of "Mane-ia."

My hair did not turn a beautiful, deep, mahogany brown...oh no, ladies and gentlemen.
My hair proceeded to turn a nice shade of pinkishorangeishburgundybrownred which my boyfriend later referred to as "Cartoony."
Other sentiments about the accidental hair color?
"How late is Walgreens open?"
"Ooh...it's not.....that bad."
"Can that really be fixed?"
"You gonna pull a Britney?"
And the picture doesn't do it justice...go out in the sunlight, and you might be blinded by it.

Yeah it was bad.  I learned to laugh about it.  My aunt put it a good way- "Just consider this your last act of random teenage stupidity."
And I think I will- If, I can hold out till Sunday...
Either way though, my hair has since been changed back to a color that occurs in nature and does not look like Wilma Flinstone, and I can get a good laugh out of it.

Moral of the story: 
1) Kids, do not try this at home
2) You're only young for a little while, so do something stupid now while you can still get away with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment