Saturday, February 21, 2009

Well, you can't be good at everything...


So I changed my mind about that whole "secretly liking accounting/being kinda good at it" thing.
I definitely jinxed myself.  
*Correction: I suck at accounting, it hates me, and I return the favor.

On another note, my little sister is now funnier than me.  Apparently, the downside to exposing her to all of my sarcasm and witticism is that, eventually, those darn kids pick up on it.
They accrue all of these sharp things you've said in their mind, improve upon them, and then wreak havoc on YOUR audience.

I first noticed the problem the last time I was home for a visit.  I spat out a random sarcastic bit, and the little brat one-upped me.  (I say brat only because I'm bitter)

I'm not going down without a fight.  No, no, no.

Also, I suggest that all of you learn to appreciate the simple joys in life.
My roommate recently bought me a Lisa Frank coloring book.
Simply by her association with the object, she is now my favorite person in the world.
Caitlin also gave me Silly Putty.
......and I now realize that I sound like a 4 year old.
But someday, when I'm old and my hands are arthritic, I'm going to be pretty happy to say that my aching joints were earned through years of coloring pretty pictures and lifting pencil drawings onto Silly Putty. 

Pictured above:
The Silly Putty Unicorn that Caitlin requested, which, somehow, looks more like a fetal pig.
Which reminds me of a really bad experience in 9th grade biology.
OF COURSE my group got the pig that wasn't adequately drained of its bodily fluids...
(For those of you interested, formaldehyde makes the leftovers inside black and clumpy)




1 comment: