Saturday, January 10, 2009

Living with no regrets...

Lately, I've been struggling a lot with some mistakes that I've made.
I know people always say, "You should live life with no regrets.  Just make your mistakes and learn from them."
I've kind of come to realize, though, that sometimes you really do end up regretting things whether you'd like to or not...and I think we should.
Every now and then, I find myself disappointed in myself, far from the person I wanted to be.  It's sorta hitting me hard today.  I set goals for myself, then constantly let myself down, but more importantly, I let God down...the one person's expectations I really care about living up to.

I know that God forgives us...and He is a very loving God.  The Bible says in Corinthians "Love keeps no record of wrongs."  So, I know that God has forgiven me for the things I'm not so proud of now that I've repented and made a real decision to make changes in my life.

However, I find it even harder to forgive myself.  For potentially hurting someone else.  For potentially hurting myself.  

I know that now the past is the past, and there's nothing I can do about it...but I can't help but wish I had done things just a little differently.  I think that just comes with the territory in being human, making mistakes.  It's something I think we must all struggle with.
And if there's nothing we'd look back and change, then what have we really learned?

I guess I just need to suck it up...do my best to make the necessary changes, and put a positive spin on my mistakes.  None of us are infallible, and for some crazy reason God loves us anyway.  He's a God of second chances.  I think I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment