Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summerrrrtime (so far?)

There are some things I never get sick of:
1) Death Cab for Cutie...never, ever, ever.
2)Chocolate chip cookies
3) The sound and smell of rain
4)Apparently, watching Clueless on tv at midnight.
5)Laughing with Lindsi while catching up after some absence from each other's lives. I love friendships like that...you just pick up where you left off.
6) Reading good books in the summer...just finished the Alchemist (after forgetting I was reading it)...but it was very good!
7) Salmon and broccoli. I've eaten this at least 10 times in the last couple of weeks. Mmm happy girl.

I fell off the face of the earth for a while as far as blogging goes- pretty much because nothing exciting is really happening in my life.

I'm in Atlanta for the summer.
It's nice to spend some time with my family...I'm pretty sure this is going to be my last summer at home. Generally mixed feelings about that. I just need to convince Rachel to come to Belmont...and bring Bianca.
I've got my internship going now...which sorta seems like a bummer so far. I work with some really cool guys that are fun to talk to and hang out with during the day. Unfortunately, however, none of them really have anything for me to do...they even make their own coffee. Maybe I'll just start knitting while at work and they'll get the point...after sitting 9-5 until August, they'll probably all have scarves and Michael will have that earflap hat he's wanted so badly.
Also- one guy that works there co-wrote one of Sugarland's biggest hits. He seems like the coolest guy ever, so I'm trying like the dickens not to hate him even though they are definitely at the top of my "most despised country acts" list.

I went to a Jack's Mannequin show last night with my dad. Good bonding time. Doesn't happen often, but it was actually really nice. Also---it is worth noting that Jack's Mannequin is best experienced in the rain. Seriously. I do have a soft spot in my heart for rain, but combined with a crying piano...mmm. (Is it weird that I don't mind getting completely soaked in the rain? I love it.)
Oh, and then the Redwings lost...but we're not going to talk about that, okay?

My mom and dad were nice enough to buy me some nice furniture for my apartment next year (and other future residences of mine) which I have found super exciting. It makes me feel grown up...and creative because I get to match things and choose a new look for my room.
That's something I've noticed about myself. My mind is SO in the future. Sometimes I forget to bring myself back into the present just because I love thinking so much...I love ideas, questions, and finding the missing piece in the puzzle.

Speaking of missing pieces, I miss Michael. I'm admittedly far more pathetic than he is when it comes to distance.
And I also just miss Nashville in general. I think I've pretty much settled on the fact that I'm going to want to stay there after graduation...at least for a few years. The more I'm in other places, the more I realize how much I love it there.

That's pretty much it. I really have nothing clever to say. I'm just content and excited to make a trip up to Nashville next weekend to see Kelly for her birthday and spend some time with my favorite boy =)


No comments:

Post a Comment